Hymn 142Play music
1. God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea,
And rides upon the storm.
2. Deep in unfathomable mines
Of never-failing skill,
He treasures up His bright designs,
And works His sovereign will.
3. Ye fearful saints,fresh courage take,
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy,and will break
In blessings on your head.
4. His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every hour:
The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flower.
5. Blind unbelief is sure to err.
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain.
Back to top
Hymn list--green book