1. Jesus shall reign where'er the sun
Doth his successive journeys run;
His kingdom stretch from shore to shore
Till sin shall curse the earth no more;
Till sin shall curse the earth no more.
2. For him shall endless prayer be made,
And praises throng to crown his head;
His Name like sweet perfume shall rise
With every morning sacrifice;
With every morning sacrifice.
3. People and realms of every tongue
Dwell on his love with sweetest song,
And infant voices shall proclaim
Their early blessings on his Name;
Their early blessing son his Name.
4. Blessings abound where'er he reigns;
The prisoner leaps to lose his chains,
The weary find eternal rest,
And all the sons of want are blest;
And all the sons of want are blest.
5. Where he displays his healing power,
Sorrow and pain are known no more;
In him the tribes of Adam boast
More blessings than their father lost;
More blessings than their father lost.